The management of Butterfield RV Resort & Observatory wishes you a wonderful stay. Our Park rules have been put into place with the intention of providing an enjoyable experience for you and your neighbors. Violation of these rules could mean early departure without a refund.
• All sites rental fees are due and payable in advance. Resort management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Guests must be 21 or older to register for an RV site.
• All RV’s must be RVIA or RVIC approved before entering the Resort. Owners must possess a current registration and be able to show proof of RV insurance.
• All RVs must register upon arrival. Check-out time is 11:00 am. Office hours are 8:00 am – 6:00 pm in the winter season and from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm in the summer season, 7 days a week. If you want to stay longer, please come to the office before 10:00 am to extend your stay. No refunds for early departure.
• Storage under and around RVs is limited to a few items and must be kept neat; (i.e., hitch components, coolers, folding chairs, ladder). Management will determine what constitutes storage violations and that determination may be affected by the overall appearance of the site. Gas cans of any size are prohibited. As with storage of personal items overall aesthetics will be considered by Management in making the determination of a violation. Management will provide guests a written violation notice of their site and guests will be given a timeline of 24 hours to address the violation(s). Some violations will require immediate attention and will not be given a 24-hour timeline. Failure to do so will result in eviction.
• Please DO NOT leave trash outside. (We don’t want to tempt the Javelinas and Coyotes). Outside trash cans on sites are prohibited. Dumpsters are available for household garbage only. Absolutely NOTHING may be thrown over the perimeter walls or into any of the washes (arroyos). Trash is to be placed in waste containers located at the exit and the rear of the Resort. Resort waste containers cannot accommodate large items. Guests are to dispose of large items elsewhere out of the Resort. Do not dispose of hazardous waste items anywhere in the Resort.
• The Resort Speed Limit is 8 MPH. Remember, only you can prevent speed bumps.
• Vehicles must be parked in your assigned site and not on vacant sites or the street. Visitors of guest’s are welcome, but they must park on your site, or up front in the overflow parking. No more than one RV and two vehicles per site. If that’s a problem, please check with the office. Overnight guests must be registered in the office. There is a $2.50 per night charge for each guest.
• Tent camping, sleeping in cars or outside of the RV is prohibited.
• Tow dollies should be confined to your site and backed under the rear of your rig. Cargo vans, vehicle haulers, ATV’s and motorcycles are allowed, space permitting, if they fit into the trailer regulations. We have a limited storage space available; please check with the office.
• Check with management before securing anything into the ground. If you damage any lines or wires in the process, you may be charged for repairs.
• Quiet hours are 10:00 pm – 6:00 am. “Quiet time” is between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am. Quiet time evening hours may be extended for Butterfield RV Resort & Observatory sponsored events taking place at the Banquet Hall as determined by the General Manager. Children under 18 years of age are required to be at their RV site during quiet time. Unless there is a power outage, the operation of generators is not allowed at any time in the Resort.
• Pool hours are 8:00 am – 10:00 pm. All guests must be accompanied by a resident while using pool facilities. Swimsuits and proper protection, if needed, must be worn. Please observe the posted pool rules. Children must always be accompanied in the pool.
• Benson city law requires your sewer hose to be securely attached with a donut or screw in type adapter and the hose must be off the ground.
• Pets are welcome (there are some breed restrictions). We do not allow, Pit-Bull, Rottweiler, wolf (breed) hybrid or any aggressive dogs. Please keep pets on a secure leash. Pets are not allowed in any indoor common areas. Take pets into designated pet areas and clean up after them, no matter where they do their business. It’s the law. Do not leave them outside unattended. Also, we do not take kindly to barking dogs. If you don’t follow these rules, you will be asked to kennel your pet outside the Resort or leave without a refund.
• Vehicles must be in running order and currently registered. You must have the vehicle to tow your trailer or fifth wheel in, on site. Washing vehicles or RVs requires a wash permit – $5.00 for a car or truck and $10.00 for an RV. Permits can be purchased in the office. Using a generator is not allowed (except in emergencies). Wheel covers must be of a type specifically designed for RVs. No tarps, wood or cardboard may be used. All RV’s and personal vehicles must be capable of being moved within a 24-hour notice. If an owner cannot move their vehicle or RV, owner must have it moved by a third party, at the owner’s expense.
• Vehicles must be parked on your assigned site or in designated parking areas only. Parking on another site or in the street is prohibited. Vehicles parked in violation of these rules are subject to being towed at the owner’s expense.
• Use of firearms, lethal weapons, fireworks, slingshots, pellet or BB guns, bow and arrows are not allowed at any time.
• No open fires, fire rings, chimneys, etc., except for propane or charcoal. NO smoking or vape products, in any of our buildings (including the bathrooms).
• The Resort and Resort management are not responsible for loss, damage or claims for damages to property of guests due to fire, theft, wind, rain, hail, accident or any Acts of God.
• Accidents do happen; HOWEVER, we reserve the right to seek reimbursement for malicious or blatant destruction of any Resort property. There will be a minimum $50.00 repair charge if anyone drives, over or into a Water Riser, • Disregard for any of the above rules will be grounds for terminating a guest’s stay WITHOUT REFUND. Management reserves the right to add or to change these rules as circumstances require.
• Rents are due and payable at time of check in. Electric meters will be read at month end and payment is due thereafter. Meters will also be read prior to departure and are payable upon checkout.
• We do supply internet to our daily and weekly guests, however, we do not supply it to the monthly guests. If you would like to purchase it, the Wireless internet is provided by Tengointernet, at your own expense. You may contact them directly at The Tengo Internet Customer Support Line 24/7 at (801) 919-8062
• The downloading of streaming audio or video is not permitted-the excessive bandwidth demand prevents other guests from accessing the internet. Downloading of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Any fines or legal costs imposed for violation of this provision shall be the sole responsibility of the violator who agrees to pay all such expenses. Thank you for being courteous of others by protecting our airwaves.
• Guests use the Resort facilities and amenities at their own risk. The Resort is not responsible for loss or damage due to fire, accident, theft, weather or catastrophic events.
• Open and obvious conditions – The Resort is not responsible for guests who hit, drive into, bump into, fall or trip into open and obvious structures such as trees, shrubs, fences, fire hydrants with vehicles or by person. These conditions do not carry warnings because the “obviousness” of the danger is sufficient.
• Common courtesy will prevail between all persons in the Resort. Profane, abusive or threatening language or actions directed at Resort personnel or other guests are prohibited. Anyone engaging in such activity will be evicted from the Resort. Any guest whose actions interfere with the operation of the Resort will be evicted.
• All guests and vendors are responsible for abiding by Resort rules and policies. Any person who fails to adhere to Resort rules and policies may be evicted from the Resort at the sole discretion of Resort management. These rules and policies supersede any previous rules or policies previously written or discussed.
The Resort reserves the right to make changes to the rules and policies at any time, without prior notice.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE