Butterfield Guest Rules & Regulations
Butterfield RV Resort & Observatory Guest Guidelines and Rules
The management of Butterfield RV Resort & Observatory wishes you a wonderful stay. Our Park rules have been put into place with the intention of providing an enjoyable experience for you and your neighbors. Violation of these rules could mean early departure without a refund.
- All RVs must register upon arrival. Check-out time is 11:00 am. Office hours are 8:00 am – 6:00 pm in the winter season and from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm in the summer season, 7 days a week. If you want to stay longer, please come to the office before 10:00 am to extend your stay. No refunds for early departure.
- Please DO NOT leave trash outside. (We don’t want to tempt the Javelinas and Coyotes). Outside trash cans on sites are prohibited. Dumpsters are available for household garbage only. Absolutely NOTHING may be thrown over the perimeter walls or into any of the washes (arroyos).
- The Resort Speed Limit is 8 MPH. Remember, only you can prevent speed bumps.
- Vehicles must be parked in your assigned site and not on vacant sites or the street. Guests are welcome, but they must park on your site, or in the common areas of the end caps. No more than one RV and two vehicles per site. If that’s a problem, please check with the office. Overnight guests must be registered in the office. There is a $2.50 per night charge for each guest.
- Tow dollies should be confined to your site and backed under the rear of your rig. Cargo vans, vehicle haulers, ATV’s and motorcycles are allowed, space permitting, if they fit into the trailer regulations. We have a limited storage space available; please check with the office.
- Storage under and around RVs is limited to a few items and must be kept neat; (i.e., hitch components, coolers, folding chairs, ladder).
- Check with management before securing anything into the ground. If you damage any lines or wires in the process, you may be charged for repairs.
- Quiet hours are 10:00 pm – 6:00 am.
- Pool hours are 8:00 am – 10:00 pm. All guests must be accompanied by a resident while using pool facilities. Swimsuits and proper protection, if needed, must be worn. Please observe the posted pool rules. Children must always be accompanied in the pool.
- Benson city law requires your sewer hose to be securely attached with a donut or screw in type adapter and the hose must be off the ground.
- No irrigation systems, misters, or automatic watering. is allowed at sites.
- Pets are welcome (there are some breed restrictions). We do not allow, Pit-Bull, Rottweiler, wolf (breed) hybrid or any aggressive dogs. Please keep pets on a secure leash. Pets are not allowed in any indoor common areas. Take pets into designated pet areas and clean up after them, no matter where they do their business. It’s the law. Do not leave them outside unattended. Also, we do not take kindly to barking dogs. If you don’t follow these rules, you will be asked to kennel your pet outside the Resort or leave without a refund.
- Vehicles must be in running order and currently registered. Washing vehicles or RVs requires a wash permit – $5.00 for a car or truck and $10.00 for an RV. Permits can be purchased in the office. Using a generator is not allowed (except in emergencies). Wheel covers must be of a type specifically designed for RVs. No tarps, wood or cardboard may be used.
- Use of firearms, lethal weapons, fireworks, slingshots, pellet or BB guns, bow and arrows are not allowed at any time.
- No open fires, fire rings, chimneys, etc., except for propane or charcoal. NO smoking in any of our buildings (including the bathrooms).
- The Resort and Resort management are not responsible for loss, damage or claims for damages to property of guests due to fire, theft, wind, rain, hail, accident or any Acts of God.
- Accidents do happen; HOWEVER, we reserve the right to seek reimbursement for malicious or blatant destruction of any Resort property. There will be a minimum $50.00 repair charge if anyone drives, over or into a Water Riser, <what is this? Connection, or Electric Pedestal or Concrete Pad.
- Disregard for any of the above rules will be grounds for terminating a guest’s stay WITHOUT REFUND. Management reserves the right to add or to change these rules as circumstances require.
- Rents are due and payable at time of check in. Electric meters will be read at month end and payment is due thereafter. Meters will also be read prior to departure and are payable upon checkout.
- We do supply internet to our daily and weekly guests, however, we do not supply it to the monthly guests. If you would like to purchase it, the Wireless internet is provided by Tengointernet, at your own expense. You may contact them directly at The Tengo Internet Customer Support Line 24/7 at (801) 919-8062
- The downloading of streaming audio or video is not permitted-the excessive bandwidth demand prevents other guests from accessing the internet. Downloading of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Any fines or legal costs imposed for violation of this provision shall be the sole responsibility of the violator who agrees to pay all such expenses. Thank you for being courteous of others by protecting our airwaves.
AFTER HOURS ARRIVALS:
Please pick up your reservation envelope that will be left for you outside the front office door, return to the office in the morning to finish your registration.
Mail and Messages:
Mail can be accepted here during your stay by using the address 251 South Ocotillo, Benson Arizona 85602. It can be picked up in the store each day before 5pm. Outgoing mail may be dropped off in the front office.
We are on Mountain Standard Time during the Winter season and Pacific Time during the summer. We never change to Daylight Savings Time.
Manager reserves the right to refuse service.